Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Friday, November 13, 2009

I Walk My Conscience

Long after the late clock chimed the last midnight tone; after the blue flicker in living room windows has died; when the wet, bare and black branches of sleeping trees sag under the weighty presence of an endless blanket of silver star light; with sleep no friend to me, I walk my conscience.
I have it on a long leash but she stays near, too near, and points to the street corner, to the hexagonal sign. Yet, I won't stop. The triangles that I ignore and never yield. All the cautions and wrong ways that I neglected--.
This empty street: a perfect companion to my empty self. Looking up, I feel the elusive edge of infinity with the invisible fingers my eyes sprout. I wonder why and how I came to be here, underneath this endless silver blanket.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very nice, gracias robert,

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.