Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Hunting The Jaguar

This I wrote for a young man that I mentored for a couple of years. Though many people were concerned for this young man, it seemed to be a waste.

The Jaguar hunts at night. He hides during the day, sleeping. The faintest light is enough for him. His sense of smell is superb. He is at home on the ground and in the trees. He has only one enemy; Man.
To hunt a Jaguar, a man must become like the Jaguar. He must develop new senses and heighten the existing senses. Even the sense of taste is important.
The Jaguar, at ease in his body is ten times more ferocious than the average man. To hunt and kill a Jaguar, a man must become like the Jaguar; totally at ease in his body, fully aware, fearless and patient.He must call the Jaguar to him. This calling is soundless, it is done like a prayer. The man prays and the Jaguar comes.
Absolutely still in the night, fully awake and aware, fearless, the man calls the Jaguar. The Jaguar comes, slowly pulled by the man. The man, in his prayer promises the Jaguar a new life. He tells the Jaguar that he will eat his heart and that the Jaguar will live in the man's soul forever.

I gave the young man a Jaguar statue and this metaphor. Perhaps someday, I too will learn to hunt the Jaguar within.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.