Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Last Show

This I wrote today:

The intro to winter maple trees
Stand lonely sentinels on the boulevard.
Flame red and dew moist fresh
Blazing into the pale blue sky.

I admire their years' end show
A brilliant finale
A final stand
The last bow.

My heart flutters wild applause
I am the standing ovation
I am the curtain drawn
And the anonymous night,
The darkness safe
From prying eyes
And even the softness
Of candle light.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.