Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Friday, May 02, 2008

Let there be enough Light

It is Spring. My heavy coats hang untouched by the front door and the pink snow trees are stepping into full bloom. Ornamental cherries with a million flower petals and no fruit. Like giant pink gloves the earth has pulled on, three of them, hollering PINK! Check it out! Get your PINK! here! Got some PINK for ya. PINK! PINK!
Nine at night looks like five in the morning. Sixteen hours of daylight, enough to bottle the excess to come. The evenings are full of possibilities and I am turning to dressing my patio in shades of vibrant green with spots of red and pink and yellow. Soon it will become a secret jewel in town; fragrant and cool, easy and relaxing. My patio, my heart. That is where I live. With my door wide open, windows agape and welcoming the night air, my crunched house, the Aluminum Chateau, becomes a palace. Expansive as my own summer spirit, a joy covered with smiles;

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.