Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Too Li the Little Q.T.

If I say that Too Li could charm the pants off a lawyer, I am only a few inches into Metaphor Land. She is absolutely adoreable and lately she has used her magnetic charm to attract squeaky speaking, baby talk talking La La loving women, to then growl at them and nip their hands. I am aghast. I am damn well aware that sometimes dogs manifest certain behaviours in order to illustrate this to their charges. Which is good and fine when observed from my point of view; Not when I have to look at myself, however. I prefer to be lazy.
Here is the problem with walking the boundries of Metaphor Land. Somehow one has to be whole-y in both places and yet keep up the appearance of sanity. Lot of work. Courting one while married to the other. Excuse me while I go giggle.
Too Li is a miniature Dachshund. German--need I say more? Like my friend Pat said: the Honeymoon is over. Too Li is also a female. Please giggle insanely for me, Dear Reader. Thank you. By the way, you do that very well. Have you ever been hospitalized?
Too Li likes to sleep. Loves to sleep. A real couch surfer, that one. It is morning and she is tucked into one of my sweaters at the foot end of my small couch. Her two long bat wing ears are carelessly arranged around her tiny cranium. She is putting off going to pee, ever though it isn't raining. When it rains, her belly gets wet, running along side of me on my bike. Her legs aren't long enough to get good ground clearance. People actually stop in the road to see this sight; some maniac is dragging a sausage on the end of a leash. Why the hell don't he get a dog?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.