Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Monday, April 21, 2008

The Puzzle

Yesterday I went to my favorite store, the Soroptomist Second-Hand resale place. Also known as the: Score-optomist, for the deals to be had there. I am somewhat addicted to shopping and only my financial limitations keep me safe from the ravages of Nordstroms and the Mall.
There I spotted an item that appeared to have no purpose, except perhaps, the exchange of a dollar, which was the price. It is an artifact made of two pieces of chain, linking two horseshoes, with a metal ring in the center. The metal was worth the dollar but I felt, in my hands, that it had another, silent use. Perhaps it was some kind of puzzle. I began to intuitively manipulate the horseshoes and even though logic screamed that I was wasting my time, within seconds the puzzle solved itself. The metal ring dropped to the ground, deftly extracted from the clutches of the limitations apparently holding it prisoner.
I am a metal ring.
I am a puzzle.
I am my own limitation.

This morning I experienced a slight shift in my world view. I wonder how long that will stay in effect before I go back under, into the sleep of complacency.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.