Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Friday, August 04, 2006

There's vampires in my closet

The modern vampire has learned to use instant tan lotion to comouflage his stark white skin tone. He is truly a sight to behold. Skin deceptively thin and pearlescent. His veins move under the surface, undulating and yearning for the victim, alive like black snakes or worms. If you get the chance to see this, your life is at great risk.
His teeth are for show only. He doesn't actually drink blood, rather a long, long sipping of a finer substance: Fear.
Nor is he vulnerable to garlic, crosses or stakes in the heart. These are metaphors for the survivors, those who did battle, willingly, with the elusive vampire. Garlic stands for a stench that a certain state of mind generates. It is noxious though not debilitating to the vampire. It merely gives the hunter an edge of distraction in the quarry's mind. The cross refers to a confidence that must be grown, like armor or some tall place to stand. A stake in the heart is necessary to keep the hunter humble and cautious. It is the hurts already suffered that give some immunity to the primary assault from the vampire, as he attacks with depression, doubt and overwhelming remorse.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.