Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

another sweet spot

On the hill just east of the catholic church, guarded by an alcoved Virgin Mary, is a set of stairs that lead up to a secluded brick patio with a couple of benches and surrounded by native trees and brush. In the morning the birds sing and the sounds of the town seem far away. In the gaps of the brush you can see a portion of Maple street; the rock-side condos below. It is a good spot to sit quiet, getting a feel for the town, for life. The young man who built this place, then an eagle scout, is not in Iraq. It would have been a waste.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.