Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Thursday, September 21, 2006

No mo newspaper

Dang! Just when I was learning to read in between lines, they stopped publishing the local paper. The conversation at the cafe turned to filling in the niche. To our credit, within four or five minutes we began to seriously discuss the legal dificulties associated with slander and defamation. Double dang! Can't even dream before the lawyers step in. Meanwhile, we are paperless in La Conner. Now rumors can fly unimpeded and advertizing will have to be by word of mouth. Back to being a small town.
And now for the thursday morning wednesday evening no mike open mike report. It was nice. I could have said absolutely fantastic, but we have come to use these words far too easily, to describe mediocre events. Wonderfull. Awesome.
The musicians outnumbered the audience and the two flamenco dancers outdid themselves. I told a crappy joke and Garry brought delectable chocolate cookies. The guy with the bass fiddle showed and thumped his way through the songs. Ed was in good spirits even though a bit sarcastic. Marcia came for the first time and she can sing! Bob played the hits and Garry sang his famous campfire songs.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.