Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Friday, September 22, 2006

Fall is coming

You see the signs: leaves turning color, foggy mornings, a lesser heat at midday. Individual leaves spiral down from their places; a quick pirouette to the ground; a second life as the breeze ushers them about. These are the early birds, before the rush, when they will swarm off the trees. The rains have started. Snails are feeding on the fermented apples and pears left on lawns. Children drag themselves to school and bounce out in the afternoon.
My thoughts turn even more morose. I wonder how I will make it through another light-less winter. I am looking for the quick fix. Anything to assuage the coming dread of January and February.
When I wake in the morning, before my mind jells into the usual, I hear the little voice tell me the truth about myself. I am paralysed. I need some kind of psychological dynamite to blow the blockage. Fall is nice, then comes winter. Crap!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As far as dynamite is concerned, maybe we can provide the fuse. How about an unrestrained, wild (Flamenco) thing next open no mike?
-Special order- that should wake you up a bit;)

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.