Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Thursday, January 25, 2007

1984

Somebody moved the clock on me and it is 1982. What was I doing in 1982? I don't remember. Two years to go. Of course, fellow sleepers, you know what I am talking about and you are just as dumb(founded)as I am.
Perhaps it is my keen sense of paranoia, but here are some tidbits. No caviar on supremely thin and crunchy wafers. Just dry facts. Go down best with copious gulps of vodka.
Recently something unprescedented has happened. Scores of Federal Prosecutors have been asked to resign. Many were involved in cases having to do with Government corruption. Most long before their terms of office was to end.
I dont know how many web pages there are, but a Google search can return 2,800,000 hits in less than a tenth of a second. Google is a big company, but it is small potatoes compared to the NSA. Those guys have quick machines, not creeping server farms like Google. Do you know what a server farm is? Picture a corn field. A big corn field. Each plant represents a powerfull processor diligently sifting through mountains of data. Ants on an anthill. Billions of ants. Data like account balances and financial transactions, internet logs and library loans. Credit card purchases and underwear choices. If you say that there is too much information, you are badly misinformed. Todays' computers are blazingly fast and there are a lot of them. Complex programs for voice and face recognition. Stress analizers, de-encryption software, traffic tracking, back doors, etc.
A high quality digital photograph of an anti-war demonstration will reveal the faces, and therefore the identities, of hundreds of thousand demonstrators. Our Government is very curious about what goes on with these subversive anti-war-ites. No? They go after the Quakers--and you know how threatening those guys are!
Yes, I remember a time when it was inconceivable that all communication could be monitored and sifted. Not any more. Remember that ultimately, a Government out of control will seek to gain more and more control of every aspect of society. Big Brother is watching over us. Now go back to sleep.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.