Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Deeper into the Mediocre

Those of you who read these scratchings and are living in other parts may not know that there are changes happening at the Cafe. What were rumors and fears have taken substance, like a spirit conjured in the sorcerers' pentagram. Yes, Dick Cheney is buying the Cafe. The President of Vice, he who uses the "F" word with impunity, the man with a taste for little chillun (unsubstantiated rumor, though he has yet to deny this), is buying Gretchen out, as her benign presence just doesn't help in the War on Error. To Err is Human, therefore the War is a war on Humanity. Dang it. We are in trouble.
Well, it was bound to happen. Nothing lasts forever, though those Pyramids take a long time to erode. Me, I am being stoic and keeping my fists clenched.

The fist thing to go will be the good coffee, I'm sure. I'm already demoralized. So much for a stiff upper lip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading this over my morning coffee is not gonna lift my spirits. Especially when you think that one of the corporations Dick Cheney has actions and shares in is Walt Disney :)that only confirms my prediction that they're gonna turn La Conner into a Disney paradise.
Va De Retro, Satanas!

Annabelle C.Vergne said...

What is it with you Americans that you have to speak with first letters only? can't you just say "fuck" and put it between brackets as a quote, or to show you don't endorse it? I was trying to imagine how my French compatriots would react if I started doing this, replacing every such word with its first letter, they just would wonder what is the matter with me...it just doesn't exist, in our language, saying "le mot qui commence par P" for putain. But this is America.

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.