Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Friday, April 21, 2006

poem: Sunflowers

A favorite poem I wrote:

I lie naked on the cool soil,
Underneath impossibly tall sunflowers
They have large brown eyes
And fat yellow eyelashes.
Swaying in rythm to a tune the wind hums
Dancing agaist a fresh blue sky

I close my eyes and dream

In my dream you lie next to me
Skin cool on this hot day
Your head on my sholder
One leg across my thigh

In my dream I am awake and you are asleep
Breathing deeply and dreaming
You dream of sunflowers, wind
And an impossibly tall, blue sky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joli poème,Roberto. Merci de l'avoir partagé.

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.