Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Friday, April 28, 2006

seeing in between

There is much more going on than we know. Beyond all the doings of human beings, beyond the world-full content of our brains and body and beyond the possibilities of all the worlds in all the galaxies, forever and ever, there is something very different, thin, hidden, an immense secret, a wonder. This has been hinted at by all the sages of all time. Every one has indicated that we humans have a birthright, a treasure of untold wealth. I don't know how to get at it, but I sense it and have at times experienced profound hints about the "inbetween".
There is a remarkable book, very old, short and useless, called the Tao Te Ching. It was supposedly written by a grouchy old man named Lao Tzu, and if you had a name that sounded like a sneeze, you would be grumpy too. Basically, Mr. Tzu insisted that the way to see, really see, was to unlearn what we have learned so far. He said it is very easy to do this, but very few are capable of this practice. We are stuck in our ways and very, very reluctant to amend our ways. We have become invested and ridgid.
Youst (new word--You + just!) think about how uncompromising people are about their political bent or racism and multiply that by some number maybe like 10 or 100, and there you have it. Beyond all that there is that damn "doing". We get stuck on "doing to get", so when some guy proposes that the way to "get" is by doing nothing, he's got them rolling their eyes and rolling in the aisles. Its enough to make you crazy.
Now, we have that Jesus character to consider. That guy was a radical. Not perhaps as grouchy as Mr. Tzu, but just as weird. He essentially said that to do cool stuff like turning water into wine, or walking on winey water, or raising the dead, all you need is a little bit of "faith". Just a little bit, like a small seed, the mustard seeds' worth. It's so easy!! ....... See those little dots? they are about the size of a mustard seed. .... that was four times more than you need to see inbetween. Learn to unlearn. Practise not doing. Let go and give up. Good Luck!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.