Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Saturday, July 22, 2006

life out of control

Somewhere I read that the tales of a Golden Age yearn back to the time before mankind discovered (gradually) agriculture, back when we were Hunter-Gatherers. There is some compelling anthropological evidence to that myth. People were considerably taller and healthier. Especially the domestication of animals exposed us to new diseases. For a hundred thousand years we perfected a way of life that featured self-sharpening tools, plenty of exercise and heaps of free time. Now we have T.V., debt and crappy tools made in China. Not only that, but we live long enough to realy get sick of that crap.
How many songs do you have memorized? Do you play any musical instruments? Probably not many and none. We have advanced to the point of being pure spectators. Know many jokes, stories or even what you had for dinner last night? Is life vivid or pale? How good is your memory? Do you feel? Good, relaxed, awake? Do you feel your body, every organ, every bone, tendon and muscle? Are you serene or are you wounded? Do you love your work? Does it give you a sense of being and of mastery of a skill? How about Christmas? Is it stressfull?
Are you redundant to society? Are you Real?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.