Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Real life

After I wrote the Chihuahua trilogy, my doctor upped the thorazine and I came to realize that all that was just in my head, about the vicious Chihuahuas, at least. I still think that THEY are out to get me, which is why I keep a lot of magnets on my car, as that seems to keep the aliens from messsing with my gas milage.
Just kidding! I don't have a doctor!
For dinner last night I went to Dave Hedlins vegetable field and gleaned some lambsquarter, which is an absolutely delectable weed far superior to spinach, in my opinion. It is more nutricious. Along with a succini sqash and an onion that I "fingerblighted" and a small pot roast, I enjoyed a fine meal. Off to the store for some icecream and the evening was complete. I plan on doing it again this afternoon. For some reason "shopping" out of a field is so much more engaging. Trips to the store are o.k., but the experience is as lack-luster as woodchips. Gleaning is primal and brings out the genetic memory of our hunter-gatherer ancestors. They, by the way, had a better life than we do, with all our "contrived convieniences". Remember how the computer was going to save time, paper and make life just about ecstatic? Better living through chemistry? By the manufacturers of dioxins and PCBs!! Electricity too cheap to meter by the Nuclear Industry!!
The bushmen of the Kalahari desert work only three hours a day and live in a harsh environment. They glean all the time, no Safeway there. Poor fools. They need CocaCola!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.