Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Manufacturing Consent

I have come across a profound documentary that I highly recommend: Century of Self.
Being your favorite paranoid person, I naturally gravitate to all sorts of weird and unpopular bits and pieces of conspiratorial trivia. I am surely not the most learned on the subject of conspiracies, mostly I am a dilletante, but this documentary is a keeper, as it traces the evolution of the Public Relations Industry. If you get a chance, download the documentary from Google Video and sit down to get educated on the subject of Propaganda.
Mostly, I am concerned with how stuff got into my head and what I can do to clean the cobwebs. When am I myself and when am I spewing out recordings, when am I genuine and when am I an actor, etc. I am interested in what is essential about me, stripped of the trappings of society, culture and assumptions and programmed interests.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I forgot who said this, but it goes "Culture is what remains when you have forgotten everything"

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.