Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Cold toes and old prose

If anybody else shows for No Mike Open Mike tonight, I plan to read a couple of (I think) good poems about being snowbound. We have had the most glorious snowfall that I have seen since I lost my childhood eyes, that magic sight that we all wish to regain or at least experience again. It is a welcome change from the endless dreariness of a season of unrelenting rain and gray days.
I like to write poetry and appreciate well written verse. I can only imagine the days of paring, honing and rewriting that goes into a masterpiece. I don't have that patience yet, but it is Inspiring.
Meanwhile, it is enough to keep warm. The temperature is brutally cold for the area. Walking is noisy; crunch, crunch, crunch go the footsteps. Extra care when walking, don't want to get too intimate with the frozen earth. It all makes you appreciate the warth of the cafe and the talk, the laughter and glow of friendship.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.