Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Sunday, April 29, 2007

How I met Gretchen

I remember being very inebriated at the La Conner brewery when I first talked to Gretchen. I had one of those vivid and important dreams, even though I knew absolutely nothing about her. I had merely seen her perhaps a couple of times.
Now, I was a Cultural Neanderthal and painfully shy. I very, very seldom struck-up conversations with people, though I would be delighted if somebody approached me. Because of the importance of the dream and the effect of the "social lubricant", I started telling her about the dream.
Can you imagine what she must have thought? Here comes some drunk guy, blabbering about having had a dream about her and she didn't know this guy from Adam. I am still shaking my head.
A few months later I started going to her cafe, where I am an this windy, sunny morning, pulling shots of espresso.

1 comment:

gida said...

i would so like to hear from Gretchen what she did think.

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.