Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Time of the Pink Snow

The ornamental cherry trees where I live are in full bloom and Boy-Howdee are they loaded with blooms. Soon they will discard their ostentatious display and get down to the business of gathering sunlight and storing food for the coming winter. Right now, however, they are all Hollywood and Paris runway fashion. I am just shaking my head at the pure bloomyness of those trees.
Starting right about now, they will discard the glitz and the parking lot, the green lawn and even the street will turn pink. There will be small pink whirlies and drifts, puffs and gusts. The excess of pinkishness is just about painful to the eye. I can't help but wear a secret smile. I don't know why I find those trees so warming. Maybe they remind me of clowns and baby face licking puppy dogs.

1 comment:

gida said...

you rock roberto !

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.