Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

I lost last week

I have been trying to think about what happened to last week. Have you ever lost something that could not be lost in some particular way? Like, you put down a set of keys on the living room table as you do normally, but the keys are not there, they are ???? (in the freezer!?) I have had some of those experiences and they can be explained by forgetfullness or the intervention of another person, but there were some unexplainable "disappearances". I have wondered where those lost or dematerialized items go. I have speculated that they drop down onto a little plot of land, farmed by some Tibetan farmer, who adorns his rustic home with jangles of keys, single earings, socks and the morals of politicians. Or maybe they blink into another dimension where the recipients puzzle over the purpose for the items given by the Gods----.
Last week went into the twilight zone for me. My karate teacher, who knows me well enough by observing my transparent nature suggested that if I got my head out of the beer bottle, lost weeks would not happen. Ouch. The truth hurts. I mumbled something about "can't argue with the facts".
I like to think that I can distinguish between an alcoholic stupor and a strange weirdness. Maybe not. Perhaps the effect of long-term use of elixirs, is a melding of the reality boundary between daydreams and nightmares. This is all speculation and rates right up there with sport talk; interesting but useless.
Time is a stretchy affair. To illustrate: a minute sitting on a hot stove feels like a lifetime and a lifetime sitting, a minute. The weeks can blink by as the days are endlessly long. Fish fall out of a blue sky. Frogs rain.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.