Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Friday, June 09, 2006

More on intuition

What good is Intuition? It lets you know when and what to do. Most important, when to leave stuff alone. It also gives you a big picture of a situation. That way, it is possible to better comprehend what the heck is really going on. I am out of the water on this, as I don't know a whole lot about the subject, but I suspect that when we get these complex feelings, it is kind of like getting Cliff notes about a book. Without having to analyse all the possible permutations in any given situation, over time and with unknowns, the intuitive gives a "flavor" of the situation.
What interferes with intuition are our personal beliefs and agendas. Therefore, it is the loss of what we have learned, becoming newborn-mind-like, that helps us to not taint the complexity of intuition with our own prejudices and expectations. That is one of the effects the Great Teachers seek to impart in their students. Voila, therefore all that work on the ego and the skill to use it like a tool, without it running the show and running off with the circus. Therefore the clearing of the body of any trauma (neurosis is stored in the musculature, not in the brain), as the body is intimately linked with emotions. Therefore all that meditation training to still the storm of monkeys that is the brain/body.
As individuals and as members of a community, we need the insight to act wisely in difficult situations. It is very easy to judge a situation completely wrong. Common sense counsels the apparent, uncommon sense cautions us to do something else.
Please excuse the preaching.........

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.