Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Wednesday

Today is Wednesday. I know it is Wednesday because my next door neighbor,Jeanie, puts her garbage out early on Wednesday for the Thursday pick-up. Her dog, who I call "Barky" (guess why) was outside NOT doing what it normally would do, which is remind all passers-by that they are on Foxy street and they better behave. We don't really have a Foxy street in town, but the dog, a Pomerroodle, doesn't know that, nor does Foxy know that a Pomeranian should not have a Poodle haircut. Barky WAS outside but not barkying. Humm, odd, maybe Foxy is sick.
Friday is Bloomsday, the 16th of June. One month to go to the official start of Summer around here. No guarantee, of course, sometimes Summer don't arrive at all. Today we are back into Winter and I broke out my heavy quilted winter shirt. So Friday we will celebrate the famous author, his name slips my holy mind, who wrote a realy weird and inscrutable book and some other books. Now I remember his name, James Joyce. I guess the holes in my mind got sealed-up a bit.
Thursday, along with garbage pick-up, features a pot-luck and birthday party for Joe. That should be fun. Wonder what I will bring to eat.
Today I am slated for some heavy labor. I will help some neighbors down the street, Gem and Felicia, finish tearing down an old garage. I did about three hours of prying and cussing and it liked ta have kilt me. I even took a one hour break after the first two hours. I am only good for about two hours of hard work, these days.
I have been working on their place for about a month now, as the weather and my attitude allows. The weather has been inscrutable also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Roberto,
If you're talking about that little pomeranian looking dog on the corner at the white house, I named it Angry Dog a couple years ago. It just doesn't shut up. Soap Lady

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.