Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Thursday, June 08, 2006

thought police

I have noticed something about the group at the cafe and about myself, by extension. The Thought Police is among us and it is we. And we are just about oblivious to them. I observe the interactions between the men (themselves), between the women (themselves). I have noticed some interesting stuff.
First, a joke to set the stage: A young boy was sitting on a park bench eating candy bars. He was on his sixth candy bar when a man, sitting on an adjacent bench said:"If you eat that much candy, it will rot your teeth, make you fat and you will die young." The boy replied:"My grandfather was 107 years old when he died". "Did he eat six candy bars at a time?" asked the man. "I don't know, but he minded his own fucking business".
The men (in general) are repressed and real busy Thought-Policing each other. Any time somebody (even a woman) makes a gesture or a statement that threatens to elevate the group to a higher level of social or community functioning, somebody plays the role of Thought Police and stunts the emotional life of the group or the individual. Any sign of tenderness, compassion or caring is quickly put-down. It is incredibly threatening to some that SOMEBODY might be humane with somebody else.
Isolation is a dis-ease and has a pseudo-intelligence that fights to remain as part of the personality. It is not enough that the individual is isolated, others must be isolated also, as the pseudo-intelligence of Isolation is threatened by any display of emotional intimacy. The person becomes possed by the negative program (so to speak) and their mouth gets highjacked.
Though I have countless examples, I will relay one: I was watering a geranium I had brought to the cafe and placed it outside on the "smokers table". A guy then remarked that the Flower Girl had arrived. Of all the possible responses (as if a response was necessary), equating me with a Girl (defaming the good name of female youth) was an attempt to police my behavior.
And of course I do crap like that myself and if I could just remember one of the very many examples, then I would confess, but my blindness to the big effing beam in my eye, keeps me from seeing, fully, my own crap.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.