Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Monday, June 12, 2006

the only spot on commercial street

Probably not the shortest street in the world, Commercial street is certainly the shortest in La Conner. Not only is it just one short block long, it has very little commerce going on. The only business is The Cafe, from where I am writing this heavenly Monday morning. It feels like summer and Sunday today. It is quiet, before eight a.m. and the town is waking up. The birds are chirping, the seagulls are hanging about around the fishing boats that can be seen from the front door of the cafe and I saw an eagle flying earlier. Commercial street is a hill and stuff naturally flows down to the channel. The garbage can lid will migrated down to the water when assisted by stiff winds. My eyes follow the hill down to admire the water, the fishing boats, the seagulls and the water traffic going by.
We have been confused by the weather lately. Yesterday it was foggy like fall if the morning. The day before was summer and today is summer. We have been cycling through the seasons, skipping winter, thank you verymuch. Now the clouds are moving in and it is reverting back to spring. Do Over!
Last wednesday's Open No Mike was quite good. Everybody agreed. It was a fine evening. There was guitar music by Bob and Ed and a visitor (another Bob) played a little. Nora brought strawberry shortcake, Tara brought wasabi potato chips. I told a cute joke and read some entries from this blog. Thursday we are having a potluck Birthday Party for Joe Capparella. That should be fun.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.