Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Payat tention

The brain is an attention machine. Its' functioning is directed by the mind. What is the mind? I don't know. Who cares. The brain is like a car with dark windows. Somebody is in there driving. Often the cars are parked. Permanently. The motor is running, but the driver is in the 7-11. When on a hill, turn the wheels to the curb. Otherwise the brakes may fail and the car gets going on its' own. Some cars go better than other cars. The driver might have had racetrack training or souped-up the motor. Other drivers don't do good maintenance. Sometimes the driver falls asleep. You get the point, yes?
Attention is a form of money. We pay attention. We give attention, we trade it, we save it. Attention is the glue that holds friendship together. Attention heals. Negative attention hurts. It pays to attend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.