Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

What Lucy likes

I have noticed that Lucy, the adorable young girl-dog at the cafe likes to watch birds. She doesn't watch birds like an avid human bird-watcher, studious and quota driven, rather she sponges up information in a relaxed way. No lists, no diaries, no research. Just a soft fascination with those snacks-on-a-wing. She prefers to patronize the area close to the No Parking sign, where at times she has been known to crunch on a bit of loose concrete. It is a good spot for observing the goings-on at the intersection, the pear tree behind the barnsiding wood fence, the wisteria trellis across the street and the grass patch where she harvests greenery for better digestion.
I wonder what she sees. How she sees the birds. What goes through her mind.
Then I wonder about myself. How do I see things, what do I really like, what is my purpose, what am I feeling right now, how alive is my body, my brain, my heart. That's all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.