Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Friday, May 19, 2006

po'try, poe'tree

The poets have arrived. We have a poetry festival here is lil' ol' La Conner that brings in some remarkable people. I was working at the Cafe when a couple of them stumbled in, obviously suffering from caffeine need. They are good conversationalists. I would guess that writing poetry and telling stories have something in common. I cannot say that I do either very well, though I have had my moments.
They talked about the turkeys. It was amazing to them that we have turkeys roaming around town, cage-free and officially sanctified. Now that tulips are on the decline, turkeys are on the rise. Ican see it now, The Turkeys of La Conner save the town from anonimity. Fowl Poetry.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.