Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

rainy days

One of the best things about rainy days is the "work at home" break in the scedule. Not that I have a scedule. I would like to have a scedule. No, I would like to follow the scedules that I make. No, I would like to follow the scedules that I make, so that I can deliciously ignore them. Yeah, that approximates the truth.
Rainy days, working in my shop, working on projects, putzing and puttering around, playing solitaire, making tea, getting a beer in the evening, what a day it would be. The rain this week has been good. It isn't the endless grey drizzle that descends like a streak of bad luck. It came with sunbreaks and touches of blue sky, soft and hard rain alternating, warm and fresh, uplifting. I like an "honest" rain. I like for the sky to bust wide and declare open season on drought. I like being amazed by the sheer fullness of clouds, generous and copious. I like watching the UFO bubbles appear and wink out in mudpuddles. I like jumping in, with both feet, into the middle of that pool of H2O. I like the smell of the rain when it first comes. Farmer Dave taught me that there is a word that describes that particular smell. Petrifor, I think it is called.
So if you ask me if I like the rain, chances are I would say "no". What I should say is "it depends". Yeah, that approximates the truth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.