Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Monday, May 08, 2006

Would you like fear or fun with that order,Sir?

I have been thinking about what motivates us. Some have said it is greed; some say it is survival; some say it is spirituality; some say it is social. I figure it is either fear or fun. Fear is well-known as a motivator and it is used extensively in politics to control a population. Religion, too. The fear of going to Hell is very exiting. It is a breathtaking game, where one wrong move dooms one to everlasting suffering of a most excrutiating nature. Perpetual torture, administered by fiendish demons with nothing better to do and endless time to perfect devious tricks.

Often, we get caught up in the hum-drum dailyness of our lives and we create some exitement that doesn't help anybody, rather causes animosity in the community. I guess that comes with familiarity and complacency. What we need is a good tyrant. Something like a natural disaster or a common affliction, pulls the community together and we have a common cause. Trivial things like Joe's unmowed lawn seen innocuous then, when facing a flood or cleaning-up after a hefty wind storm. It seems that without these sorts of major and minor causes, we chew at each other instead.
If a fiend can't be found or doesn't appear, then what? It's time for FUN! So, I suspect that having fun, looking forward to fun, watching others enjoy fun, creating and dispersing FUN is as good as the GUN (hey, it rymes)! It may be the only remedy to mass hallucinations such as perpetual war on terror or our side is better than their side. So, perhaps the way to healing is through fun, so let's all go out there and get some! It's Patriotic.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.