Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Energy crisis?

Every day the sun donates more energy on the US than all the oil ever used or will be used in the whole world. That is nine quadrillion kilowatt/hours per day. 9,000,000,000,000,000 is 9 quadrillion. Free! Gratis! That is worth about one thousand trillion dollars. Every day. Every day the sun spends that much on us in the United States. That is how much it costs to run the weather, grow the plants and heat the place. It is equivalent to 4.25 trillion barrels of oil. Every day. What generosity! The Sun is good. We are swimming in energy. There is enough for us, our kids, their kids, all other people and their descendents for ever and ever, all we all need, plopped on just the U.S. in only one day. Tomorrow comes more.
There is no energy crisis. We are thirsty people standing neck deep in delicious water.
There is something going on, none-the-less. The crisis is called "free market manipulation", and it keeps us in the dark, untill whoever's got their finger on the light switch deigns to turn the lights on. But wait, does that sound like a conspiracy theory? It must be, so don't listen to the mad man rant. Move on, folks, he's just nuts.
Have you heard of ENRON? Energy price fixing? Rolling black-outs is what they specialized in. They conspired to blackmailing or extorting energy consumers. Just a few bad appples? Hardly. The stench goes all the way up to the prez--Mr. Dick "F-U" Cheney. What is the secret energy policy of the current administration and why is it secret? Paranoid types like myself want to know.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.