Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

importing the important

I confess, I have been feeling overwhelmed lately. I have been working long hours (as much as three or four a day). My winter depression had evaporated any drive to "get stuff done", so now I have stacks of undone tasks, chores and want-tos. It is real easy to get caught up in these important details and fill the days with a carnival ride of establishing order and making lists of keepups.
Here is a quote that I ran across this morning while wasting time on the internet:

"The only real valuable thing is intuition." A. Einstein

Good ol Al. He also said that time, as the common man perceives it, does not exist and he said that reality is merely a persistent illusion. More enigmas for me, while I am trying to solve some conundrums like why doesn't my floor vacuum itself, when will they invent self-washing dishes and what does it mean that there are dusty spiderwebs in my shop.
I have noticed that several people have complained to me about clutter (thankfully in reference to their own lives, not mine). So, there must be something afoot. If we mostly did what is important, cutting out the "fluff", what would that look like?
The only real valuable thing is intuition.
Take that to heart, Roberto. Thanks, Bob-o.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.