Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Internal Beauty

It has occured to me that one aspect of internal beauty is that it manifests itself outside the boundaries of the Self. It may seem a bit woo-woo or even trite to say this, but obviously, the world is what we make of it; we create ugliness and beauty. I have been running around with a image in my head, something I saw two nights ago. I was walking , late at night and the snails where out. They were migrating across a busy road, making a dash for the other side, for greener pastures. Now, snail dashing is a Zen sport, it is not as popular as the consumer sports such as curling or sumo wrestling. Snail races are notoriously boring and the critters difficult to kep in a straight line. What motivates the snail is the custom of crushing the losers, obviously a take off from both Polo's divet stomping and Aztec religious practices and boycotted by Bhuddists, who aren't much fun on the outside, as they are too damn occupied with cultivating internal beauty. Ah! got off on a tangent, but brought it back around very nicely, didn't I? So, as I was saying I saw a bunch of snails and one was crawling out of the gravel parking lot snail wasteland, hoping to cross the road unmolested and take up residence at Moore Clark, which is a low-rent, run-down part of town populated by transient artists and pidgeons. In the light of a streetlamp I noticed a silver dot trail in the shape of a backward question mark (obviously dyslexia is not only limited to humans). The series of dots gave it a regularity seldom found in nature exept among animals with a high-fiber diet. I was struck still, admiring the curve of it, the shining, glistening chain created by the snail and the street light. It wasn't untill later that it occured to me that the snail may have been sending a subtle message. What does a Backward Question Mark Mean?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.