Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Friday, May 12, 2006

The fundamental mystery of life

Not another quote!:
If we could only find the courage to leave our destiny to chance, to accept the fundamental mystery of our lives, then we might be closer to the sort of happiness that comes with innocence. This profundity from Luis Bunuel, who was a filmmaker.
Time for a homily? Best laid plans---,etc. Just might be that too much planning and expectations takes the flavor out of life and to be open to whims of fate, to expect chance encounters, is the key to living like a king or queen. Too much handling and overcooking ruins the delicacy of many foods. Lao Tzu uses the metaphor of cooking a small fish as an illustration about how easy it is to overinterfere in the process of life. The hardest thing for many painters is knowing when to stop painting. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
For us that have been trained to be too linear, the concept that the shortest distance between two points is in reality a curve, is a bit too much to swallow. It just goes against the grain. Trusting in the intrinsic benevolence of this Universe, through aligning oneself with subtle tendencies, just too frightening. Yet the anecdotal evidence of the sheer goodness of (IT, God, the Tao) is brimming and overflowing. Scientifically, Chaos is Order.
Let's all take small steps of trust. Nothing wrong with testing the water.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Probably my favorite. I'd have to open my own blog to comment on this. Thanks for the stimulation.
A bientôt!

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.