Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Days like summer

It is the middle of may and it feels like August. Warm early in the morning, tee shirt warm, with a bit of pleasant chill, a freshness in the air. The channel is smooth, reflecting the opposite shore nearly perfectly; a seagull swoops and dances in unison with its' reflection. In the distance, the fragile early morning mist hangs tenuous, veiling rows of poplar trees and expansive slight-violet plowed fields. The just-risen sun is impossibly orange and cheerful. I am headed to the cafe for coffee. Only the birds are my neighbors. The wisteria across from the cafe looks like a grape arbor, with white fruit. The flowers are delicately fragrant, exotic as if from a far away place. The blooms are dropping, a mass of white a week ago changing slowly to green. We get about seventy wisteria bloomings in our lifetime. So short, so few.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.