Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

First Denial, then Ridicule, finally Of Course!

Have you heard about the idiot surgeon that suggested hand washing prior to surgery? He was just Hated in his day. For fifty years after it was proven to the British Royal Navy that scurvy was due to a nutritional deficiency, not a personal choice, the Royal Navy continued its policy of flogging scurvy victims.
Now you are probably wondering why I offered those delectable foibles of mankind for your enjoyment. Just a teaser, an appetizer; there is a veritable banquet of these facts.
Anyway, I am sick. No, no, not THAT kind of sick, the step on a puppy sick, rather ILL, like in headcold or flu. I got it yesterday. That was a day after I so foolishly chose to upset the apple cart and engaged in a highly questionable activity: Spring cleaning. Yeah, now I am wondering if there is any connection between the two.
Of course, I am aware that this is foolish thinking. Colds are a result of virus infections and the virus I got about a week ago. Cut and dried. No argument. Picture me sulking about, pouts and all. Now, I KNOW that there is plenty of unexplained phenomena that points to a reasonable counter argument to many medical explanations.
I really like the ones about the guy that never smoked, ate well, exercised daily and died of lung cancer. Hee Hee. Shadenfreude.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.