Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Neck-deep in water

"It is hard to stay dry when yer neck-deep in water". These wise words from Bill, who channels the ghost of Tzu, who is the legendary ancestor of Vinni the Tzu. If you are confused, if this makes no cents, don't worry, follow the money.
By following the yellow brick road, we can get an overview on the 'controversy' vis-a-vie climate change. It is no longer about IF, now it is about who is at fault. Which is progress, as until a couple of years ago, before the weather disasters blew in some convincing evidence and the heavy hitters over at Allstate started complaining that they were no longer making money hand over fist, but actually having to pay out----well, poor duffers.
Not that something as abhorrent as endless WAR is a problem; Gee wonder who makes hand over fist on that one? If we restrict carbon dioxide emissions, it is going to cost US money. It will be bad for Bidness, and as we all know, what is good for Bidness is good for US.
Just before we started this fools' errant, now known as the Whack in Iraq, the weapons inspector Hans Blix chuckled over WMDs and trembled over Climate Change. Well, he is no scientist and therefore shouldn't be listened to. Nor should we listen to scientists, if they warn of run-away climate change, obviously they are biased and Chicken Littles. The sky is falling, the sky is falling. I am highly suspicious of the scientists that get their money from Exxon-Mobil, though I am sure they are ethical and their funding comes with no attached strings.
So this is my quandry and here is why I brought up the words of Tzu. Tzu wasn't always so clear, having written that weird book and all, but speaking through the nervous system of simple Bill, he is understandable. My advice is to keep your cigarettes dry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What have you eaten today? I see you're in pretty good shape, you witty brat.

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.