Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Spring cleaning

It was beautiful yesterday, my doors were wide open and I did some spring cleaning. I even vacuumed the floor and sorted through my closets and cabinets. I threw out most of my collection of cassette tapes. I was amazed. Nearly half a garbage can just in tapes. The thing that I was struck with most is that I hardly listened to any of them. I just had a collection. Perhaps I will go through my books next. There is a full recycling container just in books, easily.
I have a penchant for good sheets. I have come to appreciate the feel of high thread count cotton sheets. I own three sets and always look for more. I don't need more than three sets, though. I just like the thrill of improving the inventory. Actually, I have that packrat disease. It is classified no longer as compulsive, rather it has its own category. I read about that recently. I have been agonizing over this "compulsion" for about a year now.
Yesterday I got on a web site about internal anarchy. Here we go again. More of that woo-woo stuff. The gist is to carefully observe what the contents in the ol' noggin' are and to discard what doesn't serve the self. As I was ditching my tapes, I was repeatedly thinking about how my internal state is reflected in my surroundings; that my mind is cluttered and full of useless crap.

On my path, going to my trailer, there rests the dead body of a Robin. I have yet to pick it up and dispose of it. It is there to remind me of something----

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.