Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Thursday, February 01, 2007

The descending bicycle seat

So here is a little lesson from the insignificant. My trusty and rusty bike has been slipping. Precisely, it is the seat that had started to reluctantly obey the law of gravity, unbeknownst to me. It wasn't untill my knees were nearly banging on my chest with every petal, that I figured out that over the months the seat had migrated in the direction of China. Tiny increments daily, over the course of months, and I, none the wiser.
Now I, being a wacky tacky, read into this a whole lot more than necessary. The tale of the frog in heating water comes to mind. I think about our descent into Fascism, ala signing statements. From "We're #1" to "We're # 10", a cheer about our status economically. I think about my own body and how my seat has slid down a bit. Yeah, nothing like a overly connecting brain.
Now that I have readjusted the seat, riding my bike is much more comfortable. Next? The tires need inflating. Speaking of inflation------.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.