Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Doors Wide Open

I woke dreaming. It was warm and sunny. It felt like an early summer morning, warm and fresh at six. I opened my door and let the morning in. Unassuming, it entered my trailer, curling into the corners and behind the couch. It comes complete, making no demands, no insinuations. Though full, it is open for more. It has presence and yet is discreet.
Coming to the cafe, I left the door open and nobody complained. Lucy the dog's fur reflects the blue of the sky and Buddy the other dog ignored my counsel to diversify his investment portfolio, as he does every time I proffer tidbits of wisdom. At least expand your bag of tricks, I gently prod; sneezing on command and begging for cookies, though honorable, do not make for economic independence. Buddy smiled the smile of the guileless and the innocent. I have only the best of intentions, Buddy, it is a dog-eat-dog world.
Everybody is making plans. I plan to wake up soon. Well, not really the Big Wake-Up, that is too frightening. I need the blanky of my particular delusions to keep me blunted. I get to work at the cafe today. All afternoon. The door will be open to let the music go outside to play in the street. What a dream I am having.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.