Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Monday, March 05, 2007

Vitamin D Farming

When I checked the 10 day weather forecast this morning, it was rain to the power of ten. So when the sun broke out of cloud jail and downloaded a ton of photons onto the scene, I got the bug to expose myself to the elements. I rolled up my sleeves and went to work. I was raising a fine crop of vitamin D and squinting like a Chinese mole in the Sahara. It felt good to be so productive. It harked back to fonder times, doors open and the perfume of sun-warmed blooms; the buzzing of bees and humming birds; the languid drone of distant lawn mowers and the smell of fresh-cut grass. Ah, summer, summer get thee here quick.
These moments, when the weather scheduling bureau screws-up and we get a break, these moments are the most precious. Though I will forget the beauty, my memories bleached out by endless days of gray and cowardly, piddling rain, somewhere in my being a small hand grips the moment in desperation, squeezing them into gold nuggets and deposited deep under a brawny hill. Each of these little treasures accrue and this hoard must last me through the ages before the harvest season, the salad days of summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"a small hand grips the moment in desperation, squeezing them into gold nuggets and deposited deep under a brawny hill. Each of these little treasures accrue and this hoard must last me through the ages before the harvest season, the salad days of summer." I have to say that this is your best writing yet, thank you!

I don't feel good, I have a headache, but I rendered some organic pig fat into lard and have some chitlins for the dogs.

roberto kiam borderlineartist@gmail.com said...

Thank you, S.

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.