Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Monday, March 12, 2007

Layers of Reality

In discussing the behavior of a person that we know here at the cafe ( a "crazy" person), I reflected on the source of their "unease". Since I am about the last person that can afford to be inspected for traces of weirdness and I habitually run at the end of the conventional mental health marathon. I find myself stridently defending those that keep me company in this race.
Not that I am incapable of viciousness in thought or speech about the mentally handicapped. I certainly am not that crazy. And I may never get to that point, some Christ-like attitude toward the meek in spirit. However, I am able to keep some things in perspective. This is probably due to my own Quixotic nature, my witnessing people that were genuinely loving, open and forgiving. Also, I like to look at the bigger picture.
So here is the bigger picture:
This society
is one wacked piece of work. Our priorities are nearly completely topsy-turvy, we steep ourselves in endless deceptions, behave like frightened cows and keep the scissors sharpened so as to shred the fragile fabric of humanity. Endless war, profits at any cost, victimization of the weak, the list is nearly endless and it is a damn miracle that anybody functions at all. Given all that, some guy with a bad case of Tourrettes syndrome, is behaving in a refreshingly honest and appropriate way.
In the words of Jesus, loosely translated for our times: "Y'all's truly fooked."

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.