Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Lesson of the Kingfisher

All is metaphor. Today I went searching for a bite to eat. Invariably that kind of search leads me to the grocery store. Invariably, I purchase fried chicken with jojos. I have written about the miracle qualities of the fried chicken from the store before, so I need not reiterate.
Searching for a spot to consume this delicacy I opted for a favorite place by the water. The wind was whistling against the wires of a sailboat and a strict sign forbade the trowing of rocks, directly across from a new pile of crushed rock. Why is it that when I see a sign like that, I get the urge to do what it forbids?
I saw a Kingfisher surface. Now I have a special relationship with that species. A number of years ago I had a dream about a Kingfisher. It was an important dream for me. Anyway, the Kingfisher surfaced and shortly dove again. He resurfaced on the other side of a pier and swallowed a fish he had caught. All is Metaphor.
It struck me. We have to dive deep to get a kernel, but to digest the experience, we have to surface (to normal consciousness). After digestion, the kernel or seed becomes wisdom.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.