Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Friday, June 15, 2007

I got a job!

Damn, I am moving into the mainstream, I got a job! (Disclaimers on pages 2, 3, 7, and 19) In the spirit of truth, it is not much of a job, but it is regular and it brings up resentments and even though I don't have to punch a clock, I have to be somewhat punctual and reliable. Needless to say I have managed to wrangle my way out of those limitations and am solving the problem of actually having to do more than collect my pay. I will keep you updated as brilliant notions come to mind.

For those of you that are living in parts far away, you will be happy to hear that we are back to our usual weather pattern; the drought has lifted. We hope that the 23rd will be anything but rainy, as that is the last day of the cafe (it rhymes). Big party, bring a dish, as in Potluck. We are taking to the streets on this one.

I am in denial about the cafe closing. It will hit me on the 24th, when I will have to go in search of coffee in a wasteland of plastic ersatz. It will give me the chance to practice some obscure mental art, similar to the miracles attributed to Jesus. Turning water into wine would be easy compared to transmuting some of the swill surreptitiously sold in other places. (Notice the use of Alliteration in the last sentence. I am very proud of that!) OK.

2 comments:

gida said...

You know Roberto, there are so very few left who have the heart, to share their authentic self. There are so few left who have the courage to reveal themselves; most of us get stuck in revering ourselves. There are so few who will share their souls and open their hearts as you have done in your essays and in your daily exchanges at the cafe, balancing congeniality with respect for personal space. These are not qualities that get priced out like some piece of flea market tin. These are gifts from God; from a child of God.

The sea is infinite and the lighthouses are few and far between. They are a precious resource and they keep their light moving to guide the school of life. When a sea monster emerges, it is good to swing the beam in another direction and let the monster submerge for a bit of schooling in the vast deep. Remember to be wary of the green eyed monster who wishes to snuff out the light and engulf us all in darkness. Such a creature is lonely for company, not guidance.

Anonymous said...

Where the hell have I been? I went into the cafe yesterday and even chatted with Gretchen for about 20 minutes and she didn't tell me the cafe was closing. hmmmmmmm

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.