Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Weather or Not

It's got to be a small town when I am going to write (once again) about the weather. Of course, I could write (again) about metaphors or other abstractions, things which do not exist in nature. Hey, how about if I combine some stuff and write about weatherphors!!
Winter did an encore yesterday and I was digging up my December wear. Got me to poetrizing.

Although it's not snowing,
I just have to say,
A chill wind is blowing;
It's a two sweater day.

I was wearing two sweaters until things heated up at Open No Mike. It was a good one. We had the place absolutely packed. SRO. Some guest musicians did a couple of songs and damn they were good. The whole evening was just exquisite.
It is the best happening in La Conner. I am very glad that the group will continue and will become, I hope, a lasting phenomenon. I desperately need that. (So do you, dear reader and fellow Human.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.