Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Friday, June 01, 2007

My Patio

For White Trailer Trash, I have a very nice patio. I consider it to be the hidden jewel of La Conner. Of course, secret gardens are by nature difficult to find, so I am hindered in my research.
I used to wear only black clothes with bright undergarments. Somewhere in my psyche resided the precious self that I (careful!) manifested.
A friend visited me yesterday evening. We shared beer and talked. It was a marvel. Each place lends something different in the way of communing with friends. Some places only arid sand, others fertile, vibrant and generous, so that even the dead stick comes to life and bears fruit. It is the set and setting, the lead-in (for the joke) that determines the outcome. Just as the street magician carefully prepares the trick, so to appear seamless and natural, the outcome is predetermined and flawless, misdirections and all. In that is the magic. After the set-up, the results are guaranteed.
I was thinking (and talking ) about the lie of "convenience". How we sell out to the bastards in the name of more and better and get tasteless plastic poison instead. I am as lazy as they come and for me, convenience is, well, convenient. I might as well swat myself on the back of the head, for all the sense I ain't got. We save time to waste it on something no better than watching TV.
Stay tuned!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your patio is, yes, one of those delicious surprises. Close to what we call in French "un jardin de curé", a priest's or monk's garden, which were usually enclosed within high walls, in the town, and where they cultivated ,among other things, medicinal herbs. Good that it is hidden. Secret gardens can be everywhere though, including in yourself. However having the priviledge to have a physical space like this I do enjoy every day. My garden, which is not so secret as there is no fence and everyone walking on top of the dyke can see it, has all the properties of the secret garden though. I have to coax my husband in coming there to share a moment, probably because it is my little quiet place. My daughter almost never goes there either. However I love to share it and have dinner with friends there. But most of the time, it is the place I visit in the morning, and visit again after work. I cn stay there for hours and forget the rest of the world, for the garden is a whole realm, my little realm.

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.