Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Home, Sweet Home

one of the comments gave me a breath of inspiration. I am writing about something that I have dreamed of for years.
I never felt at home. Even here, in La Conner, where I live, it is a struggle. I did, once, experience something akin to feeling at home. It was a town in Mexico. Perhaps it was the 500 year old buildings that reminded me of Germany. Even the country side looked like Germany. I tend to think that it was something else, something way more ephemeral.
Rupert Sheldrake is a British scientist guy that went about proving the theory of "Morphogenetic Fields". Now, I have to add a caveat, really new and contradicting thought is just reviled by the status quo, so---he is not thought of very highly, the heathen that he is. Some nerve he got! In light of his research, which I point to, I posit a feeling, an intuition. A place holds a memory of the past and that can be intuited. So, yes, there is a palpable difference in places to live, provided we are sensitive to it.
Even if we are not sensitive, it affects us. We simply do not know the source and mistake it for some other "viable" explanation.

Second, I have noted that I do better if I am surrounded by caring and loving people. This from a guy who needed nothing, yes? It has been a dream for me to have a close group of friends, like a clan or a coven. About a dozen would be nice. I note that for a million years (of genetic memory), we had this kind of support network. There was a time when children were real important to adults. They were the ancient form of social security and even when one grew very old, would be important to the family.
Much of what I do is meant to engender these dreams. I can get real upset when something enters to whack my dreams. And I tell you, there is a lot of Whacking going on, all over the planet, all over our dreams.

Am I wrong?

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.