Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Friday, September 28, 2007

I don't have a Job

I've been fired twice this year. That is a lifetime record for me, far as I can remember. I don't really count getting fired from the cafe and in reality, dusting at the Wood Merchant wasn't a job, as such. However, it does prove that I am fireable.
Now that I am unemployed, what will I do with all the extra time I have? Last week I talked with my good friend, Kevin, about the leisure class. We noted the oddness of who has leisure. The ultra rich have lots of leisure time as do the ultra poor. If I have to define myself, I would say that I fall into the latter category, yet, that isn't quite right. I note that we don't have any bombs falling in the neighborhood. That is a form of wealth. I do not suffer from food insecurity, that is a bonus. Money quickly goes to my head, it seems I do better with less money. I am afraid that when I have lots of money, I get in trouble. Right now, I don't have money for alcohol. Therefore, that works in my favor. Other than paying the rent, I need money for tobacco, bad coffee, good coffee and half and half. Oh, some sugar, too. Notice that they are all vices. All are a detriment to me.

At heart, I am camping. I have looked at life that way for a long time. My prized possessions are my sleeping bag, my ground pad and my tent. If it gets worse, that is the fall-back position. Needless to say, this computer becomes a fishing weight. Being paranoid enough for all of us, I have to orient myself in that way.
Which is sad, I know that. I struggle with it. I have one foot in the stone age, the other in the information age. I like to think that I am taking the best from each. Maybe so. Maybe not. I vacillate.
On another note, It Is Official Now: Writers Block has been declared. The hand wringing will begin at noon. There will be the added bonus of teeth gnashing and, if you order now, soul searching. Weeping will not be tolerated until a deeper degree of Writers' Block has been reached. Good luck, and may the under dog win.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.