Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Fried Potato Morning

Uh, the weather took a turn around here. I am wet. I went to have bad coffee and write. While at the bad coffee place, I got a hankering for fried potatoes, with carmelized onions and maybe a bit of bacon. I am having a diet revolt problem right now. The comfy bowl of oatmeal is not happening today. It isn't appealing. One problem was the sugar craze that befell me. It started out innocently enough. A friend came over for an afternoon coffee. Brought a package of bear claws, the kind that is commercially available and has no redeeming value. It was a great idea, we shared one of those evil bear claws. I forgot to send the other three home, part out of greed, part out of negligence. That night they began a sirens' song of sugary seductions. The devouring of the tree bear claws was pure insanity. In my favor, I submit that at least I did not just plop them down in front of me, I actually got up and took two steps to retrieve each. After that it was all downhill.
God help me, it got worse the following day. To the store and back with a two pound stash of sandwich cookies. Enough there for a three day binge. Also, a package of chicken. Pan fried chicken coming up. Devoured that chicken, too. Then the body began the inevitable bad treatment strike. This is how I got into the fix I'm in and the fix I need to avoid. Foibles and foolishness. Hey, on a bright note, it reminds me of a French phrase I just spotted and am thinking about feeding to the language hole in my brain. "Il est en retard." He is a what? Retard?! Gotta hand it to the French, always at the forefront of cultural change. Perhaps I am finally getting to the good words. How do you say "moron" in French? Seems the hole is a bit of a priss and won't eat "questionable" words. Lets me keep those in my pocket. Got a good one there, merde. Means "poop", but starts with an 's'. Don't want to say it, not here at this sanctimonious blog, but watch me merde my way to the next line: merde merde merde merde merde. See, no guilt.
o.k. that's all I can iflict on you today, thanks for stopping by and remember the terror threat level is mauve with flecks of lime green, so it should be safe enough in the back yard to bar-b-q the dog. Haute dog. I'm off!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, "moron" in French is "crétin" or "abruti", a term used a lot in our language too.I see you're starting to find a certain pleasure in chewing those barbaric French insults:) Maybe you should teach us some German ones. We could have a special Open No Mike, sorry, Gypsy cafe session exchanging insults in all possible languages.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you'd better watch out, those evil bear claws are gonna creep out of the cupboard at night, ooozing sugar and honey and caramel, and they'll come and get you, then "sauve qui peut!" (run for your life!)

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.