Inflicting thoughts on unwary readers so that I can improve my tyqing skills

Monday, October 01, 2007

It's Monday, Hurray!

Already Monday, reform day. Why don't we cut to the chase and admit that some things are better left alone. He's never gonna reform, we all know that. Who is he kidding. Only himself. He is an old dog and old dogs don't learn new tricks.
Woof woof, said the old dog in a toothless way. If I could just get up, I would give you a good gumming, you young whippersnapper.
In all truth, I have to put off reforming for at least a couple of hours, as I have a date, of sorts. My friend Ju Ju is taking me out for breakfast. I'm having hashbrowns and link sausage and toast and eggs. Yumm. Oh, fun. I'm wearing my new jacket and my dirty brown carharts, with the pink paint stains, with the rope belt. I will at least look like I am reformed. Hope they have good coffee.
I did manage to get some work done last week. Two hours, enough to buy tobacco for nearly a month. Mostly though, I assuaged the guilt. I'll do better this week. After all, it is the first of October and I lost my job, so I have to find some work to make the rent. I can't run a deficit for very long without having to sell one of my vast estates, you know.

Just back from breakfast with Ju Ju. I got sucked in by the propaganda at the Farmhouse. German sausage with potato cakes and fried apples. Sounds good don't it? It was in fact one of those cheap, overly salted and colored polish sausages that I couldn't even finish. The apples were from a can that they use for making crappy apple pie. What a disappointment. Ju Ju was the best part of the morning, bless her heart. I don't learn, except by repeated disappointment. Only then does it sink in. Oh, the coffee was on par with the meal.
Anyway, I better get to reforming. Ta ta, Lovies, thanks for stopping by. Get you a story soon, I promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How's Juju, bless her heart, what a darling! I bet U had that nasty breakfast at the "dirty apron" breakfast place in town... you know, the place right down what used to be the cafe...the one that sells you sandwiches wrapped in dead tree...

About Me

My photo
I live in a quaint, little town, plagued with the specter of speculation and commerce. I am trailer trash,with wishes for good dishes. I shoulda died long ago, but like a rescue dog, didn't. I am indescribably scattered. I speak three languages. I walk a tenuously, true path. I am lucky. For myself, for others. God, it is said, protects orphans, widows and the innocent.